Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March is the New Monday

“I’ll start exercising on Monday.” Have you heard that phrase? How many times have you said that to yourself? WELL, I say it all the time and this time I wanted to change it up a little bit. March is officially my new Monday!

Starting today, its crunch time to Katie’s wedding so I have to get my butt in shape for that beautiful dress.

So, I have my training program for the half-marathon, I’m not doing carbs AND I’m limiting my alcohol (this will be the hardest one). Lots to do and so little time! One of my good friends Molly is an incredible personal trainer and she has given me so much information on how to eat and what to/not to eat - I'll be utilizing a lot of that information as well. COME ON SUMMER BODY!!

Another thing that March is going to mean to me is VOLUNTEERING. I have been wanting to volunteer SOMEWHERE for a long time. I’ve looked on websites and considered places I’ve been in the past as well as new affiliations … I can’t figure out what I’m going to do. Any thoughts? I can’t do the Humane Society – I’m too much of a sucker for those puppy eyes

and it makes me so sad to see them in the cages and not have homes. Depressing. But they need people so, I still need to consider it. Let me know what you do and/or want to do!

Another reason I like March … MY BIRTHDAY! I turn 25 this month and I’m really excited about being able to rent a car without having the extra charges when I'm traveling. Jason is excited that my insurance will be going down. What else will 25 bring?!?! I can’t wait to see!

Instead of a quote I wanted to post a link to the song "Hosanna" sang by Hillsong. While thinking about volunteering and letting my emotions get the best of me this song came to mind. One line in this beautiful song says "heal my heart and make it clean. open up my eyes to the things unseen. show me how to love like you have loved me. break my heart for what breaks yours." Think of all the things that go on in this world that absolutely break God's heart - seeing us go through pain and suffering ... I need to put myself out there to feel that at times in order to help other people (and/or animals). Obviously there is a lot more that the song represents but that's what I got this morning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7SMUf6QcyQ
(I can't figure out how to make the video post so just copy and paste the link!)

We are singing this song Sunday during the Contemporary Worship Service at 9am, Ocean View Baptist Church - PLEASE let me know if you want to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment